About Red Roses
- Roses have strong, sturdy stems and an unforgettable fragrance.
- Florists should look for roses that have just begun to unfurl, these are the best cut roses to buy. Roses will take about 2 weeks from the time a bud is set to the time the blossom opens.
Florist Care Guide
- To care for red roses, remove lower leaves of the stems while being careful of thorns. Cut off 1 inch of stem from the bottom.
- Put red roses in a clean vase or container with fresh water and flower food.
- Do not put roses near fruit, in full sunlight or near any heaters.
- The outer petals of roses tend to be different than other flowers, these are called Guard Petals.
- Florists may choose to remove guard petals for aesthetic reasons. To remove simply hold each petal firmly and give a gentle tug to remove.
- The guard petals also can be kept to add a naturalistic element.