- Carnations are known for their range of colors, styles, fragrance, and longevity.
- The Carnation flower is delicate and fluffy with fringed petals.
- There are 2 main types of Carnations, standard and spray (mini).
Florist Care Guide
- To care for carnations, remove lower leaves of the stems. Cut off 1 inch of stem from the bottom.
- Put Carnations in a clean vase or container with fresh water and flower food.
- Do not put Carnations near fruit baskets, in full sunlight or near any heaters.
Tips and Tricks
- When selecting Carnations, florsits should choose stems with closed blooms. For standard carnations they should show the full color in the blooom but for spray carnations they will only show a small amount of color on the lower buds.
- When trimming or cutting, florists should always cut between the nodes on the stems.